Father's Weekend Camping Trip
AgesTeenagers Adults without kids
This camping trip is perfect for folks who want to be truely away from it but don't want to put a ton of miles on their boots. We will be staying at a primitive campsite on the shore of Long Pond in the Willowemoc Wild Forest. More information can be found on the DEC's website
We will walk approximately 1 mile over moderate terrain to get to the campsite from the parking lot so please be ready to carry your gear for that distance.
What to Expect:
• Build a shelter using only natural materials
• Make a fire in any weather
• Forage food and live off the land
• Cook delicious meals over an open campfire
• Craft camp tools using gathered materials
• Purify water without specialized tools
• Use a knife and saw as effective tools in the woods
To cover the cost of food, supplies, and instruction there is a $175 fee per person. We are limited to only 8 people total due to DEC regulations. This is an adult trip so all participants must be 16 years or older.
All meals and group supplies will be provided but you will be responsible for personal equipment. Packing list will be provided upon registration.
If you have any questions please contact Eric at 914-589-9536.